Thursday, June 30, 2005

A huge entry

So bear with me, this is going to be a long entry. I thought we were busy when Grandma and Jiddo were here, but we have had even more visitors. We had a couple days to ourselves, and we went on a bike ride to the nearby Westminster Promenade. This is a great place with a huge movie theater, an ice cream store, pizza place, other restaurants and then a plaza with these fountains of water that randomly come shooting out of the ground, which I want to run into, but I am actually kind of scared to. That was on a friday, and then that night Pappy, Dad's dad came to stay for a couple nights. It was also a weekend that Mom and Dad worked, so we were pretty busy. Pappy left on Sunday morning really early, before I woke up to go to Ariadnee's house for the day while Dad slept and Mom went to work. Then, on Monday we went to the airport early in the morning and picked up my cousin Monica. Mom was crazy. She left Zac home with Dad and only had me, thankfully, cause we went circles around that airport before she figured out what the heck she was doing. Luckily we were only 5 minutes late to pick up Monica. We went to the zoo that day and she stayed with us by herself that night. Then tuesday Nana and Pops arrived in their red pickup! We had a full house! Monica slept in my bed and I loved it! I love sleeping with people - it is so lonely by myself. I am glad Zac's crib is in my room for that very reason. So Nana and Pops and Monica stayed till Sunday morning. We took a trip up to Estes Park and stayed in nice cabin for the night. Mom was going crazy because our bedtime was getting later and later. She finally freaked out at Dad and said we had to be in bed by 8. So no more 9:30 bedtimes. Bummer. Saturday we went to Nada and Tony's housewarming party, and saw Mom's cousin Tenaya's daughter Bekah. She is 14 and also visiting ALL of us, but isn't going to stay with us till next week - she is staying with Lara and Raja for now.
So Monday mom worked and we had a great day with Dad. He took us to the pool and to the park.
Tuesday Ariadnee came over and we were going to pick up Bekah from Lara's to go to the zoo, but Mom got fed up with me running around while I was supposed to be getting dressed, so she left me at home with Dad and took Ariadnee and Zac and Bekah to the zoo. I was really mad and sad. She said she gave me two warnings. I don't think I was listening. She said she cried too when she left the house and really missed me. I think she is hoping I will cooperate more with getting dressed now.
Wednesday we had a great family day. We all piled in the chariot and rode to my class. Mom and Dad and Zac waited for me to be done, then we rode on to Target to get some more swim aids - I am really getting comfortable in the water, so I got some arm bands and Zac got a big supportive inflatable saucer so he can be in that while Mom and Dad teach me to swim. Then we rode to the mall and rode on the Zip train and got ice cream. Then we rode home. Zac was falling asleep on me almost the whole time, and then I fell asleep on him on the way home. We are getting used to being in the chariot together. It was just over 20 miles roundtrip, and Mom was pleased with herself and said she felt good, but she didn't have to pull Zac and me.
Today we went grocery shopping in the morning and then to the pool to try our new toys in the afternoon. I loved that Mom could take Zac and me in the big pool by herself now that we have the extra floating toys. While we were there Dad showed up after sleeping today - he worked last night. We had so much fun. I "swam" back and forth to Mom and Dad with out any floaties, I have figured out how to hold my breath and go under water for a few seconds. Zac is really comfortable in the water too, just hanging out in his huge saucer while we play.

Zac is moving around so fast. He has started to crawl up the stairs - and has fallen down one step once. He is cruising on all the furniture, and is starting to let go in between furniture pieces and can balance for a split second. He is talking, doing the mamamama and ababababa, and you can see his two bottom teeth (his second arrived 4-5 days after his first) when he smiles. He is getting really fun to play with, but has started really annoying me by taking everything I am playing with. Mom wants him to get strong enough to defend himself, she says she doesn't like getting in between our fights. She keeps saying she sounds more and more like her mom.....

well, thanks for reading and enjoy the pics....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI everyone! I finally got the time to check up on you all with the BOLG. Great pictures and stories. :) It sounds like you are getting along just fine. :) Keep it all up. Love, Maggie

Anonymous said...

Wait, I just realized you might know another Maggie. I should have signed Maggie Janecki :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Izzie and Zac, We feel for your poor harried mother. Tell her to take some time for herself and practice meditation. It will help her to stay calm when life is hectic and you two are trying her patience. I'll bet your daddy doesn't lose his patience? We love all the pictures and updates of your activities. And we love you all.