Sunday, March 19, 2006

My Trip to the Emergency Room

What a weekend!
Mom and dad had a date night planned for friday night and 20 minutes before the babysitter was to arrive I slipped off the couch and hit my head on the baseboard. Unlucky for me, there was a phone jack right there and the corner of it gashed my scalp open. Dad was the first one to me and thought it was no big deal because i really didn't hit too hard, so he picked me up and handed me to mom, who had just walked over to me. Mom was carrying me and walking back to the kitchen when she felt some drops - she thought it was slobber from my crying, but then felt more wetness so she sat me on the counter and saw my hand full of blood. Then she pulled her hand off me and her hand was full of blood. She yelled - SHE'S BLEEDING! and then a ton of chaos started, but in about three minutes we were in the car headed to the ER. Turns out I needed three staples and mom thought i was the toughest kid around - halfway to the ER dad asked me if it still hurt and i said "yes, but not too bad". I was more worried about Izaac, because we left him crying in the neighbors arms - she said he cried for 40 minutes, so mom thinks he was the most traumatized - she feels sick about that.

Everyone is fine now - yesterday mom and dad each went for their own bike rides by themselves - trading off taking us to two birthday parties - yay! Good thing they went riding yesterday - today was miserable weather - they were both supposed to ride/race in the Stazio criterium, but changed their minds this morning when they saw snow on the ground. We are supposed to get 2 inches tonight. Ugh. Can't wait till our vacation in april to arizona!

No comments: