Monday, May 25, 2009

4 months to update.....

So it has been a good but busy 2009. Last entry was just as mom was starting her spring semester at school, and now she is done. We are not going to detail the last 4 months, but touch on the highlights.
It was a very busy semester for mom, she was taking four classes, working 3/4 time and taking care of us.
Dad was doing all he could to help mom, and did a great job holding her together when she felt like it was all too much.
Izaac has been keeping up in preschool, and has decided that all day kindergarten is what he wants to do in the fall - he wants to have the same teacher as I have this year, and wants to do what I've done. Mom and Dad are good with that, cause he seems so comfortable with her and in her classroom, and she is the only teaches full day - and he is bored at home, asking to go to school on the days he doesn't, so they think he is ready.
I am growing and maturing too...I am reading and writing and being bossy and I think I know everything - a very normal kindergartener. I am so good at school - got an award for being so good, and at home I think mom and dad try to stifle my development - they call it staying in line....I am still taking piano - did my performance a few weeks ago, and have a little break right now.
Zac and I both did soccer this spring, but it has felt like a bust. This past winter was balmy, and the spring brought more snow and now rain than we have ever seen. Many cancelled soccer games, many inside days.
We had a wonderful break from the weather on a trip to Arizona in march - got to spend some really good time with grandma, jiddo, and some of mom and dad's old friends....it was awesome!
We have our garden going again this year, added a bed at the back of the yard along the fence, and started growing more veges. We have also started another renovation project - slowly changing the windows in the house (but this is project we are paying someone to do - rather than do it ourselves - except we'll put in the window sills). We are also trying to paint the house - maybe that will get done this summer - if it doesn't rain all summer.
So the rest of the story is in pictures.....

No comments: